[arch-general] Last couple of updates Knocked my Wireless -- OUT (atheros/madwifi/ath_pci)

Vincent Van Houtte vvh at synergylaw.be
Tue Sep 22 03:56:18 EDT 2009

2009/9/22 David C. Rankin <drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com>

>        The network came right up on the next boot, but all isn't good. The
> network
> performance is about 1/20th of what it normally is.

I had the same experience with the ath9k-driver since kernel 2.6.29
(ath9k-driver in kernel .28 worked perfectly and in .29 ndiswrapper helped
me out). Several other people have asked questions about this (ath5k and
ath9k) in the forum. Shortly after kernel .30 came out, my laptop died on me
and my new laptop has another chipset, so I couldn't test kernel .31. I
never tested the madwifi-drivers.

My symptoms were: very weak signal strength, breaking connections and
connection speeds that made me cry for ndiswrapper... I never got around to
finding the culprit, so filing a bugreport was impossible.

Vincent