[arch-general] vim 7.2.245-1

Aaron Griffin aaronmgriffin at gmail.com
Tue Sep 22 15:00:43 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Jozsef <jozefk at gmx.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Sep 2009, Xavier wrote:

>> > You shouldn't have to. It is set by default by vim. In a running vim instance do
>> > :echo &runtimepath
>> >

>> To Jozsef :
>> please remove your custom runtimepath from vimrc, and paste the output
>> of the above command.
>>
>> You should keep your plugins in ~/.vim/ , and figure out why they are
>> not found there.
>
> Here is the output: /home/jozefk/.vim,/usr/share/vim/vimfiles,/usr/share/vim/vim72/,/usr/share/vim/vimfiles/after,/home/jozefk/.vim/after
>
> And why the plugins don't work I can not tell you because I'm not moving them around. If I put runtimepath in .vimrc they work, if I remove it they don't work. So the problem is not with plugins and
> it's not with runtimepath. I don't know what else is different in this verison of vim. I'm not a programer and developer of vim. I'm just using it everyday. Even this email I'm typing in vim (without
> plugins since I comment out runtimepath :)

Um are you actually installing your plugins to ~/.vim/plugin? The
runtime path above (the default) clearly includes the same directories
that your manual runtimepath setting has...

I don't know what you're doing, but you have some major config issues.
Please mv your vimrc/gvimrc files away so that no extraneous config
files are executed and try again.

Which plugins in particular are you talking about? Can we get an "ls
-l ~/.vim/plugin" ?