[arch-general] Independent arch field in sub packages? (Was: Re: [commitpkg] Some stylistic cleanup)

Evangelos Foutras foutrelis at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 15:53:57 EDT 2009

Aaron Griffin wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 1:04 PM, Evangelos Foutras <foutrelis at gmail.com> wrote:
> I pushed all of your patches. The last one didn't apply cleanly, so I
> had to do some tweaking. It was most likely related to me removing
> trailing whitespace from the svn spacing commit.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Thanks for applying the patches to devtools.

I have a question. Currently, sub packages can't have a different
architecture field than the main package. Are there plans to add this
possibility in the future? This could come in handy with packages that
have huge data files that are architecture independent and can be split
into a sub package with arch=('any').

I'm mainly asking because if the above gets implemented, commitpkg will
need to be slightly modified in order to be able to locate -any sub
packages (and I have a feeling that it was able to do this before my
patches were applied :d ).