[arch-general] dd and bash_completion

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Thu Sep 24 07:56:33 EDT 2009

On Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:42:20 +0200
Daniel Riedemann <stigmayta at googlemail.com> wrote:

>  Hello all,
>
> I can confirm this behaviour, so it doesn't work for me either. I
> switched to zsh and the grml-config... but if you have a solution I
> would be also very interested in.
>
> Regards

I just tried it (never used dd) and it only kind of works here, maybe
that's the reason for the different experiences?

$  dd
--help     bs=        conv=      ibs=       obs=       seek=
--version  cbs=       count=     if=        of=        skip=

What I don't get is any completion after 'dd if='
And one strange thing is that 'dd if <tab> <tab>' completes to: 'dd
if\='

Regards