[arch-general] xmonad and java environment

Sergey Manucharian sergeym at rmico.com
Fri Sep 25 18:34:57 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I've installed openproj from AUR and met the following issue: the
program runs, but the main GUI window is blank (no buttons, menus -
nothing), although the dialog windows appear normal. I don't have much
experience with java, and tried both jre and openjdk6 - with
the same result. Then I tried to run openproj without any window
manager, and it worked! I noticed that openjdk6 warns:
  when you use a non-reparenting window manager
  set _JAVA_AWT_WM_NONREPARENTING=1 in /etc/profile.d/openjdk6.sh
So the setting of that env. variable indeed helps with openjdk6, but
not with jre.

Any advices?

Thanks,
Sergey