[arch-general] Opera Tip -- Use QT/GTK file Open/Save dialogs

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Sep 27 02:40:48 EDT 2009

Archers,

	I have always liked the opera browser, but one thing that has really sucked
about it was the crappy file open/file save dialogs opera comes with. Picking
around tonight, I ran across an option in opera's configuration that allows
you to choose the file selector dialogs to use. It is cryptic as hell, but I
found the commit page for the changes and got the needed information.

	To make use of real kde4 open/save dialogs in opera, got to the config page
by typing "opera:config" into the address bar, the scroll down to "File
Selector", then change the setting to "2". The commit notes say:

0 - normal
1 - Qt
2 - GTK

	For some reason, I couldn't get Qt to work, so I select "2" for GTK, and
Bingo! I had usable dialogs in opera (you may need to restart opera). What a
relief. If you use opera, it's worth a look.

	While on the subject, you might want to check out the C00-14, Keramik and
crystal_onyx_bull skins. Opera has come a long way in 10.0

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC