[arch-general] Netbook recommendations

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Mon Sep 28 13:23:17 EDT 2009

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 12:16:04 -0500
Aaron Griffin <aaronmgriffin at gmail.com> wrote:

> So in the next few weeks, I would like to buy a netbook. The market is
> saturated, so I'd like to ask for some advice here.
>
> What do you guys think of the current offerings? What's considered
> "the best" now-a-days? What kinds of netbooks do Arch users have?

maybe not the answer you're looking for, but i'm going to buy a nokia
n900.  http://maemo.nokia.com/n900/
I never really saw the need for a netbook as it's not much more
portable then a normal laptop.

Either I explicitly carry something (then I can just as well take a
laptop) or I <will> have a device that literally fits in my
pocket so I can take it anywhere, and still do all "mobile computing
tasks" I want to do.

note: the n900 is not a "smartphone". it's a small portable computer
that also has gsm/data features.

Dieter