[arch-general] Problem with suspend

Csomay Mihaly list at csomay.hu
Fri Apr 2 11:06:29 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 07:13:00 -0600, Byron Clark <byron at theclarkfamily.name>
wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2010 at 11:16:13PM +0200, Csomay Mihaly wrote:
>> So I would think that running pm-suspend from a terminal would work
>> also, but it hangs on /usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/98-smart-kernel-video.
>> If I move that file away, it suspends, but then the screen isn't
>> restored on resume, it's blank.
>
> Sounds like you're hitting this bug:
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/18881

That may be it, I don't have the laptop with me now, but I reinstalled on
or around 2010-03-30, which is the date of the newest grep package in
core.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try the grep from testing, and will report back.

But if that's the cause, how come it works flawlessly when acpid is
calling the same pm-suspend binary, and it only hangs when I call it
from the command line?