[arch-general] new netinstall image required ?

Dieter Plaetinck dieter at plaetinck.be
Fri Apr 2 13:57:10 EDT 2010

On Fri, 2 Apr 2010 18:38:34 +0200
fons at kokkinizita.net wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I wanted to do a new install today, using netinstall
> on an USB stick which has worked at least 5 times
> before, the last time less than two weeks ago.
>
> Things failed in the 'Configure System' phase, seems
> I didn't have an /etc under /mnt (and yes I did have
> a '/' partition and it was mounted on /mnt !).
>
> Do I need a new /arch/setup ?
>
> Ciao,

well, if you use the old 2009.8 images which has the old aif, it will
indeed give problems when you install the latest packages (although
technically it will mount /mnt/etc, but before it mounts /mnt so it
gets inaccessible), and this problem exists more then since two weeks.
http://projects.archlinux.org/aif.git/commit/?id=e478d001f43a61ba27650e1229baf0e8850a0835

*if* this is the problem you're having,
possible solutions:
1) run LC_COLLATE=c /arch/setup