[arch-general] new netinstall image required ?

fons at kokkinizita.net fons at kokkinizita.net
Fri Apr 2 16:21:11 EDT 2010

On Fri, Apr 02, 2010 at 07:57:10PM +0200, Dieter Plaetinck wrote:

> well, if you use the old 2009.8 images which has the old aif, it will
> indeed give problems when you install the latest packages (although
> technically it will mount /mnt/etc, but before it mounts /mnt so it
> gets inaccessible), and this problem exists more then since two weeks.

Many thanks for your reply.

It looks very much like this was the problem, but then
according to my logs the previous install was on 23 March,
actually the machine that is now temporarily replacing the
one I wanted to do today. And this went without any problems,
so whatever changed seems to be quite recent.

I have another question. The next installs will be 3 clones:
identical HW, same packages and configuration, they will run
the same SW at the same time (three audio computation servers,
each taking care of 64 channels). Is there any way to speed
up the process ?

Ciao,

--
FA