[arch-general] testing xorg-server 1.8 [xorg18]

Marek Otahal markotahal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 19:30:44 EDT 2010

Thank you for a great job, Jan.
I can confirm the xorg-server 1.8 works great for me! :)
I'm running on [testing], i686, kernel 2.6.33.2, xf86-video-intel,
touchpad(synaptics), keyboard, usb keyb/mouse hotpluging works as well,
sound(intel hda) & guvc video webcam .... just upgraded and voila, works like
a charm! :)
Happy Easter to all of you!
Marek

...well, here's an update after a deeper tryout :)
*touchpad(synaptics) - issues with tapping which does not work /buttons do/

*a note for testers, one can disable !hal from rc.conf but make sure to
include dbus instead(hal used to start it up) otherwise policykit fails

*I have troubles with resuming from suspend/black screen/ but have to make
sure if it is not a problem of kernel.

*as I'm using kde, here's a problem: battery monitor is disabled and i'm not
sure if cpu freq scaling under kde works(probably problem of kde?, acpi
command shows correct info), also there is a dependency on hal- pacman -Rcsn
hal would remove a great bunch of packages(including kde), how do I figure,
whats the dep.?

Thanks once again, Mark

PS: I would reply to arch-dev-public thread but i don't have write access to
it

--

Marek Otahal :o)