[arch-general] keyboard not working in Xorg after package updates

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Wed Apr 7 13:35:34 EDT 2010

On 04/07/2010 09:55 AM, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
> On 04/07/2010 10:46 AM, Xavier Chantry wrote:
>> Can you attach full Xorg log and config ?
>
> I'm not using any xorg config.  Log is at:
>
> http://www.darose.net/Xorg.0.log
>
>> And does it work with xf86-input-keyboard driver ?
>
> I have xf86-input-keyboard installed.  I assumed X was just
> automatically choosing evdev (as I have no xorg config).
>
> Thanks,
>
> DR

On the same note, after the latest Xorg update, X (nVidia card) was failing to
start on the same xorg.conf I had used with my arch box since I first installed
arch. The xorg.conf was generated by the nvidia-xconfig app. The xorg.conf was:

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/dt/X/xorg/xorg.conf.sav

Something is not as it should be in the latest X release.

(p.s. this is 'in addition to' and not 'in lieu of' the current topic)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC