[arch-general] successful pacman -Syu w/new kernal26: Now have microscopic console font :-(

Joe(theWordy)Philbrook jtwdyp at ttlc.net
Sat Apr 10 15:42:08 EDT 2010

It would appear that on Apr 10, Jeroen Op 't Eynde did say:

> On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 18:00:53 +0200, Joe(theWordy)Philbrook <jtwdyp at ttlc.net>
> wrote:
>
> >Sigh...
> >
> >Problem #1
> >
> >How can I stop the reduction in the console font size???
> >
> >Evidently the framebuffer setting isn't doing it...
> >
> >Problem #2
> >
> >How can I stop the boot process from clearing the screen on tty1???
> >

> For #1: For the resolution, you probably have some high resolution screen and
> KMS is now enabled by default. So check here:
> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/KMS

That does appear to be the issue. For me the quick fix was to disable KMS
from grub by adding "radeon.modeset=0" to the kernel options...

> For #2: Just edit /et/inittab and comment out the rule with tty1

Yup, that works... I can deal with only having 5 ttys available. AND  with
having to explicitly choose one before I login.

Thanks!