[arch-general] manage starting and stopping processes with less typing

Kazuo Teramoto kaz.rag at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 15:41:22 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 4:22 PM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com> wrote:
> Guys,
>
>        One thing I miss with Arch are init-script shortcuts for starting and stopping
> processes. rc-commands really help cut down on typing. For example, all suse did
> was to create links to the files in /etc/rc.d/... with a naming convention of
> rc<init script name>. So, for example, instead of having to type:
>
>  /etc/rc.d/postfix
>
> the shortcut was simply
>
>  rcpostfix

Uhh, I dont use rc.d too much to this be usefull to me but...

I'm thinking about it, creating sym links looks *ugly* to me, because
you need to updated it after you remove or add new rc.d.

I think that a much cleaner solution is to create a rename filesystem
using FUSE to rename files from /etc/rc.d on the fly. (FUSE is so cool
^_^)

Bye,
Kazuo

--
«Dans la vie, rien n'est à craindre, tout est à comprendre»
Marie Sklodowska Curie.