[arch-general] First Time Using AUR

Carlos Mennens carloswill at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 09:12:11 EDT 2010

I am getting ready to use my newly built Arch Linux system for the 1st
time and use AUR and read the Wiki but I have a question that I am not
clear on:

Next choose an appropriate build directory. A build directory is
simply a directory where the package will be made or "built" and can
be any directory. Examples of commonly used directories are:

~/builds

Now when I create the "~/builds" directory, does it matter if I do
this in a regular user's home directory or in 'roots'? It is not very
clear and I don't want to break anything or improperly build a package
from AUR.