[arch-general] ImportError: libssl.so.0.9.8: -- do I just rebuild the AUR packages?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Apr 15 12:02:55 EDT 2010

Guys,

After the latest openssl updates, the AUR packages for createrepo and repoview
are failing. I know it must be the result of the openssl changes. My question
is, "in situations like this do I just try rebuilding the AUR packages, or does
the maintainer have to make updates to accommodate the changes?"

The errors received are:

    Checking for presence of sqlite metadata in /home/backup/rpms/factory_11.0

        sqlite metadata tables found --> updating

Update of metadata (sqlite) --> Failed

    Signing the repository after update...  OK

    Updating/Creating repoview index and HTML pages...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/createrepo/genpkgmetadata.py", line 26, in <module>
    import rpm
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/rpm/__init__.py", line 7, in <module>
    from _rpm import *
ImportError: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory
gpg: no default secret key: bad passphrase
gpg: signing failed: bad passphrase
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/repoview", line 46, in <module>
    from rpmUtils.miscutils import compareEVR
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/rpmUtils/miscutils.py", line 18, in
<module>

of which:

"ImportError: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory"

seems to be the primary error. I am not familiar enough with openssl to know if
this can be cured by a simple rebuild, a symlink, or whether the openssl changes
were significant enough to require a reworking of the AUR package by the
maintainer. What say the gurus?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC