[arch-general] HAL dependencies

Rob Bean papabean at gmail.com
Mon Apr 19 06:01:51 CEST 2010

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Isaac Dupree <
ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org> wrote:

> On 04/18/10 10:13, Arvid Picciani wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 17 Apr 2010 16:22:28 -0700, Rob Bean<papabean at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>  Has anyone else stripped HAL completely out of their Arch install?
>>>

>> Thats exactly why heresy was started. (  http://hereticlinux.org/ )
>> Its archlinux minus hal/dbus/rapekit.
>> Search the list for "Whats  wrong with dbus anyway" under the thread
>> "xf86-input-evdev conflicts with xorg-server. Remove xorg-server"
>>

> findable here:
>
> http://mailman.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2009-December/009351.html

I stopped reading after the 35th?? 36th?? post in that thread before I
realized the whole things about dbus. I have no opinion about dbus and it
can remain installed.

I wanted to get rid of hal and I have.

--
The world is full of tough guys.  It doesn't need me to be one, too.