[arch-general] Serial To USB Adapter

Samuel Tardieu sam at rfc1149.net
Tue Apr 20 15:49:33 EDT 2010

>>>>> "Snarkout" == Snarkout  <snarkout at linuxfortherestofus.com> writes:

Snarkout> My experience has been that minicom is the best emulator for
Snarkout> interfacing with serial devices.  I have tried as many as I
Snarkout> could get my hands on, too, FWIW ($DAYJOB = noc monkey).  IME,
Snarkout> If you ever have a large config you need to drop on a device
Snarkout> (or even not-so-large) most others fail in various ways.  5 AM
Snarkout> at the collo with a dead core router is a lousy time to find
Snarkout> out that your *com of choice requires dropping 20 lines at a
Snarkout> time or it starts barfing, and you have a 2000 line config
Snarkout> that needs dropping.  JME - others may disagree.

I do (disagree).

Nothing beats "ckermit".

  Sam
--