[arch-general] stability from pm-suspend ?

Gary Wright wriggary at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 18:50:23 CEST 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 9:27 PM, Ian-Xue Li <da.mi.spirit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Security is indeed one problem I'm looking to resolve, because with
> suspend, it goes back directly into the system, without having to enter
> login/password...
>
> I wonder if there's some way to achieve something like winxp, which
> resumes back into the login manager, not the usable system itself.
> But that would probably require a session manager as well, I don't know.

Well, this is what I could dig up:  should work if you're using
xscreensaver (might have to modify the instructions a little bit to
work with arch's pm-utils, but shouldn't be too tough:)

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-laptop-and-netbook-25/lock-screen-requiring-password-to-unlock-when-resuming-from-suspend-327512/