[arch-general] Latest NVIDIA en kernel update

Gaurish Sharma contact at gaurishsharma.com
Fri Apr 23 10:13:32 CEST 2010

On 04/23/2010 12:04 PM, Manne Merak wrote:
> I see there are some discussions going on the nvidia, KDE and arch
> forums about the performance of KDE 4.4 and latest nvidia driver, no
> results yet as I can see.
> My current setup with 190.53 works fast and snappy (no special xorg
> param); but updating to anything later drops performance by a factor,
> so I resisted upgrading nvidia.  Now with the latest kernel update I
> cannot keep the 190.53 driver.
> Anyone have a solution for performance tweaking the latest KDE and
> nvidia combo?  (I dont want to get too out of sync with the updates).
>
> Manne

Hi,
you can upgrade to nvidia 195.36 as the issue has been fixed.from the
changelog[1]

* Fixed a performance regression with non-antialiased text in KDE4.

[1] http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_amd64_195.36.15.html
<http://www.nvidia.com/object/linux_display_amd64_195.36.15.html>

--
Regards,