[arch-general] Problem with ext4 and luks

Brendan Long korin43 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 23:30:34 CEST 2010

I've been using luks + dm-crypt
(http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/System_Encryption_with_LUKS_for_dm-crypt)
to encrypt / and /home. Both are using ext4. For some reason, mounting /
always works, but sometimes I get an error that my /home partition
"doesn't describe a valid ext2 filesystem". If I reboot, it usually
works (I would guess it fails around 50% of the time). It's listed in
/etc/fstab as ext4. Is there anywhere else I need to put the filesystem
type? /etc/crypttab didn't seem to have a section for filesystem type.

-Brendan Long