[arch-general] Raising identical task against multiple packages?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Sat Apr 24 22:54:01 CEST 2010

On 24/04/10 20:35, Loui Chang wrote:
> On Sat 24 Apr 2010 20:21 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:

>>> Open one task and list all the packages in the details.
>>
>> Is that just a suggestion from you, or the official Arch way of doing it?
>>
>> The reason I'm asking is that I just don't see how raising a single
>> task would make sure that it gets done.  There are more than one
>> maintainer of the haskell-* packages in [extra] and [community].  Who
>> would the task be assigned to?
>
> I don't know if there's any 'official' way to do it, but other tasks
> with multiple packages have been handled like this, and this is the most
> logical way to handle it if you give it a moment's thought.

I have given it a moment's thought and came to the following conclusions:

 1. That depends entirely on the capabilities of FlySpray.  I'm not privileged
    enough to do much more than create tickets on Arch's FlySpray, and that's
    the only FlySpray instance I've ever used.

    If you are correct when you say that FlySpray support assigning a single
    ticket to more than one person (something that isn't supported by many
    other issue trackers, I believe, and none that I've ever used), then yes,
    it is a possible way.

 2. It also depends on how tracking should be done.  If you want to measure
    progress across the different affected packages then it seems more logical
    to raise one ticket per package.

> Assign it to everyone that maintains a haskell-* package.

That is up to one of the administrators to do.

I raised http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/19236

/M