[arch-general] announce: latest snapshot of the "TalkingArch" CD for blind users

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 02:02:22 CEST 2010

Hi all,
I'm proud to announce the April 2010 snapshot of my TalkingArch
CD for blind users.  This is more-or-less equivalent to the
netinstall CD, with one major difference.  The system provides spoken feedback
as soon as you boot with the disk.
I made some improvements to the project since the last release in the
fall of 2009.  First, I now provide an x86_64 image, as well as an
image for i686.
I learned that I could use qemu to build the 64-bit version.
Second, the CD now includes a brltty package, for people who wish to use
braille displays.
Here's the link to my project: http://the-brannons.com/tarch/
If you're blind, please check it out.  Likewise, if you know anyone who
might be interested, please spread the word.

-- Chris