[arch-general] Nvidia Driver Installed But Not Running

Carlos Mennens carloswill at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 16:45:31 CEST 2010

I recently installed the nvidia driver from 'Pacman' and rebooted. I
have not since updated / upgraded the kernel. I notice that when I try
and open my 'nVidia X Server Config' window and it tells me:

You do not appear to be using the NVIDIA X driver. Please edit your X
configuration file.

I looked in /etc/X11/ directory and don't see xorg.conf file. Does
anyone know how I can get my nVidia drivers working on Arch Linux? It
installed fine however it's not running for some reason.

-Carlos