[arch-general] Remove Epiphany Browser

Ionut Biru biru.ionut at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 17:56:15 CEST 2010

On 04/28/2010 06:40 PM, Carlos Mennens wrote:
> I just installed a fresh system today with Gnome 2.6.30. It
> automatically installed Epiphany&  Epiphany Web Bookmarks too. I would
> like to know if I remove both of these applications, will I effect
> Gnome or any of it's dependancies? I wont ever use Epiphany and I
> don't like useless applications lingering on my system? Is there a way
> to purge all of it's installation existance off my new machine without
> messing up Gnome?

both of them are part of epiphany. doing pacman -Rns epiphany will do
the job and is not breaking gnome at all.

as for your information, nothing is installed automatically without
informing you. when you did pacman -S gnome (gnome is a group of
packages) it listed all packages that it will installed and answering Y
will do that. If you do answer N you can select what you want.

--
Ionut