[arch-general] How to take screenshot of ring switcher ?

Nilesh Govindarajan lists at itech7.com
Thu Apr 29 19:11:25 CEST 2010

On Thursday 29 April 2010 10:10 PM, dave reisner wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 12:25 PM, Nilesh Govindarajan<lists at itech7.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I want to impress my friend by showing them the Windows 7 Look on Linux and
>> persuade them to ditch Windows and use Linux.
>>
>> I have enabled compiz and some effects. Anybody knows how to take
>> screenshot of the Ring Switcher ?
>>
>> --
>> Nilesh Govindarajan
>> Site&  Server Administrator
>> www.itech7.com
>> मेरा भारत महान !
>> मम भारत: महत्तम भवतु !
>>

> The screenshot utility in Gnome should allow you to set a delay on the
> screenshot.
>
> <soapbox>
> The bling-bling of Compiz is a poor selling point for the real potential of
> Linux, and I don't believe you should try to "persuade" anyone to switch
> OSs.
> </soapbox>

I don't use GNOME (I don't have it installed, switched to KDE completely).

As far as I have seen, the moment people hear the name 'Linux' it
reminds them of the console. They think, Linux sucks in GUI sometimes
even they think it has no GUI. So this is important. Why do you think
other mainstream distros like Ubuntu and Fedora spend so much time on
Eye Candy ?

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator