[arch-general] Time for an arch-security mailing list?

Allan McRae allan at archlinux.org
Fri Apr 30 01:33:59 CEST 2010

On 30/04/10 09:08, Ananda Samaddar wrote:
> Does anyone agree with this?  If so how do I go about requesting the
> creation of such a list?  The list would be for discussion
> around security in Arch, implementations and user/dev input etc.  It
> seems like package signing has moved up the agenda now and I've also
> got a few things I'd like to suggest but I feel we'd be better served
> by a separate mailing list for security.

We have a list for the integration of package signing into pacman... or
in fact, anything related to the development of pacman.  And from past
discussions of package signing, I expect this slowly die over the next
week with no actual progress made.  I

Security issues with packages should be reported to the bug tracker.
Information on how to harden a system belongs in the wiki.  Queries on
securing your system to the forums or mailing lists (after reading the
wiki, searching google etc...).

I do not see what is not already covered.

Allan