[arch-general] Better NILFS2 Support

Tobias Powalowski t.powa at gmx.de
Mon Aug 2 02:27:36 EDT 2010

Am Montag 02 August 2010 schrieb Alex Matviychuk:
> > Yes sure i believe it
works, my concerns
> > are more that the main tools just don't support it,
which makes it imho
> > more complicated to implement the installation
support.

> So here is what I needed to mess with to get it working:

Kernel:
> "Version 2 of the filesystem, known as NILFS2, is included in
Linux
> kernel 2.6.30."
> Works out of the box with the most recent arch
kernel.

> mkinitcpio.conf:
> I just added: MODULES="nilfs2"
> I wonder if
this is something that can be easily added to the filesystems
> hook.

/boot/grub/menu.lst:
> kernel /vmlinuz26 root=/dev/sda3 ro
rootfstype=nilfs2
> AIF would need to take this into account, but seems easy
enough.

http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20260

> No other troubles as far as I
know. Is there anything I'm missing?

> Let me know where I can help, this
is an awesome filesystem. Blazing
> fast and when I delete or overwrite
things on accident, it's so cool
> to just mount a snapshot from like an
hour ago without having to set
> anything up in advance, and without even
unmounting my root fs.

> Cheers,
> Alex
According to the util-linux git
it seems new version will have nilfs2 support, if this happens archboot
support will happen very soon.

greetings
tpowa
--