[arch-general] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.34.2-1 & intel pageflipping

Stefano Avallone stavallo at unina.it
Tue Aug 3 10:19:26 EDT 2010

On Tuesday 03 August 2010 10:23:19 Lukáš Jirkovský wrote:
> On 3 August 2010 09:39, Tobias Powalowski <t.powa at gmx.de> wrote:
> > Latest kernel is in testing,
> > please signoff for both arches.
> >
> > I already have
> > .35 prepared, a fast signoff would be great.
> >
> > greetings
> > tpowa
> > --
> > Tobias
> > Powalowski
> > Archlinux Developer & Package Maintainer
> > (tpowa)
> > http://www.archlinux.org
> > tpowa at archlinux.org

There are a number of fixes about pageflipping with drm/i915 in the changelog
of 2.6.34.2. So, I installed this new kernel and rebuilt xf86-video-intel
without the patch to disable pageflipping. I have a G45 graphics and I
suffered from frequent hangs with previous kernel versions and a 2D driver
with pageflipping enabled. Now, using 2.6.34.2 and pageflipping enabled, I had
my desktop running for 6 hours and no hangs occurred so far. I'll keep it
running and report back if an hang occurs.

cheers,
Stefano