[arch-general] Shouldn't pacman restart dovecot after update?

Attila vodoo0904 at sonnenkinder.org
Tue Aug 3 12:47:56 EDT 2010

At Dienstag, 3. August 2010 08:00 David C. Rankin wrote:

>         Well sometimes the stupid ones among us don't always catch that
dovecot is
> being updated when it is one of 73+ updates that take place. But we 'do'
always
> catch the failure to copy to sent -- later :p

If the count of updates is your problem than this idea could be something for
you:

# cat /etc/cron.daily/pacman.updates
#!/bin/sh
{
 /usr/bin/pacman -Sy
 echo
 /usr/bin/pacman -Sup
} | /usr/bin/mail -s "$(hostname -s): Arch Updates" YourUser

No question, this is more simple than perfect. -)

See you, Attila