[arch-general] script to reformat 'pacman -Ss' output into 2 readable columns (prevents blindness)

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Fri Aug 6 00:27:47 EDT 2010

On 08/05/2010 10:51 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
<snip>
> Give this a whirl and see what you think. Let me know what works and what
> doesn't and also how I do things better/cleaner than I have currently done them.
> Who knows, maybe we will look at 'zenity --list' and provide a gui output next
> time :p

OK,

	The zenity output was simpler than I thought. If you got the script before I
added the zenity --list output, then download it again. The script is here:

http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/Archlinux/scripts/srch2list.sh

	The zenity --list output looks like this:

(82k)
http://www.3111skyline.com/dl/Archlinux/scripts/srch2list-zenity.jpg

Now I can read it :p

--