[arch-general] kernel26 2.6.34.2-1 ALSO hardlocks my box on boot?? [ Solved in .35 ]

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Aug 7 12:06:13 EDT 2010

On 08/03/2010 05:09 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> Guys,
>

> What do we need to do to get this fixed?? I have sent Andreas a message to
> reopen the bug for the reason "The bug continues to hardlock my box on boot",
> but failing that -- what else do I need to do?

Per Andreas suggestion, I loaded the .35-2 kernel from testing. My box will boot
past the UTF-8 line and runs well. Also relevant to
http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/20200, compiz now works the way it is supposed to
in .35.

What changes were there between 2.6.34 and 2.6.35 that could have caused this? I
hate having an issue this severe that gets fixed without understanding what was
broken in the first place. Tobias, anybody know what the candidate changes were?

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC