[arch-general] AUR build of kdemod3-kipi-plugins fails on QString::QString( data->appName() ); ?

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Sun Aug 8 17:12:02 EDT 2010

On 08/08/2010 02:01 PM, Tavian Barnes wrote:
> The error was introduced with gcc 4.5, to comply with the C++
> standard.  It is simply a bug in their code, which can be fixed by
> changing the line to "m_hostName = QString( data->appName() );" or
> possibly by specifying "-fpermissive" in CFLAGS.

Tavian,

	Thank you. That's what I did and the kipi-plugins built fine. I've dropped a
note in AUR with the package to advise everyone else. I guess when others run
into problems with AUR packages, they just move on to something else. I can't
see me being the first one to run into in. Thanks again.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC