[arch-general] Some problems with a dell mini

Andrea Crotti andrea.crotti.0 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 10:56:33 EDT 2010

I have a nice del mini 10" with archlinux and XFCE4

It works great after I updated the kernel the audio and the camera
started to work, which is nice.

BUT
- I think the 3d still doesn't work, I followed the guide (using
  intel-dri drivers) and video now runs smoothly, but glgears is still
  very slow.
  Since I've read somewhere that is not a good measure, how do I know
  for sure if 3d is activated or not?

- the wireless is quite painful
  I use wicd-client/server and it keeps disconnecting, and half of the
  times it even gives me a password wrong error.
  Restarting wicd server or the network doesn't help, only restarting
  apparently does. Very weird

- the screensaver
  I never asked xfce4 that I want a screensaver, and apparently there
  should be an entry in the configuration menu, but for some reasons I
  don't, even if I have all the possible extensions and util of xfce4
  already installed

Thanks a lot,
Andrea