[arch-general] rankmirrors and new mirrrorlist format

Jason Reardon aetherfly87 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 17:09:02 EDT 2010

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 4:38 PM, Erik Johnson <archtaku at gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you post a copy of the output? I'm using reflector and rankmirrors, and
> I get this:
>
> # 2010-08-12 15:33
> # generated by reflector
> # ranked by rankmirrors
> Server = ftp://archlinux.c3sl.ufpr.br/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch
> Server = ftp://mirrors.kernel.org/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch
> Server = http://archlinux.c3sl.ufpr.br/$repo/os/$arch
> Server = http://mirrors.kernel.org/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch
> Server = http://mirror.yandex.ru/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch
> Server =
>
> http://www.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/linux/distributions/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch
>

> These are obviously not reachable URLs, but pacman fills in $repo and $arch
> from pacman.conf so it's working just fine for me.
>

> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 3:27 PM, Jason Reardon <aetherfly87 at gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Worked for me on the latest mirrorlist release.
> >
> > On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Mathias Huber <huber at mathiashuber.de
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Archers,
> > >
> > > is it true that rankmirrors can't handle mirrorlist urls like
> > > ftp://ftp.halifax.rwth-aachen.de/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch?
> > >
> > > While pacman works fine with this format, rankmirrors produces
> > unreachable
> > > URLs.
> > >
> > > Or am I misunderstanding something here?
> > >
> > > Rock on,
> > > Mathias
> > >

> --
>
> -Erik
>

>  "For me, it is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to
> persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." --Carl Sagan

Here's my first six. The gatech one didn't have a package at one point,
rankmirrors sorted the whole US list.

Server =
ftp://ftp.gtlib.gatech.edu/pub/linux/distributions/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch
Server = ftp://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch
Server = ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch
Server = ftp://locke.suu.edu/linux/dist/archlinux/$repo/os/$arch
Server = ftp://lug.mtu.edu/archlinux/ftpfull/$repo/os/$arch
Server = ftp://mirror.cs.vt.edu/pub/ArchLinux/$repo/os/$arch