[arch-general] /etc/profile PATH variable wrong

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sun Aug 15 04:50:45 EDT 2010

In order for that to be correct it needs to also have :/usr/local/bin
inside of the quote marks.  The /usr/local/bin directory on Linux systems
like slackware and debian is where stuff gets put that anyone can execute
that's on the system.  I put a simple shell script I wrote there then
tried to use it and it wouldn't work until I keyed in the
/usr/local/bin/myd command.  That small script makes the date and time
more readable for me. Since that file was copied from suse, people in that
other distribution probably also ought to be notified.