[arch-general] Updated tree years old archlinux

Johannes Held mail at hehejo.de
Sun Aug 15 07:14:47 EDT 2010

Hi,

during the last days I updated my old notebook. It wasn't updated since
2007. So you can imagine that the latest switch from tar.gz to tar.xz
was a little problem.
But a manual installation of the necessary packages and some rude
untaring directly in / gave me the ability to update the whole system
with pacman again. :-) That's awesome.

However, some configs are borked, X refuses to start and booting won't
work anymore due to some problems with the right rootfstype.
That doesn't matter, because I don't need that notebook any more - it
was simply amazing to see it getting updated. :-)

--
Gruß, Johannes