[arch-general] /etc/profile PATH variable wrong

mike rosset schizoid29 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 15 10:08:44 EDT 2010

> Someone unaware of dotfiles might miss them, but others (blind or
> sighted) should be able to access them without issue.

And all of this has nothing to do with the orignal issue /usr/local. I
only suggested using something in $HOME for "user" based scripts which
can be anything it does not matter.

It only serves to deflect from why is /usr/local/{bin,sbin} not part
of the default search PATH? when its a FHS standard and has always
been used for custom system wide installs? Obviously a competent
system administrator can add this. However does this mean we should
remove /usr/bin now to? since any competent admin can add that also.

Mike