[arch-general] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.35.2-1

Isaac Dupree ml at isaac.cedarswampstudios.org
Sun Aug 15 19:46:21 EDT 2010

On 08/15/10 17:45, David C. Rankin wrote:
> What type of video card do you have?

Intel 945 class -- it's one of the first to get KMS and the support is
excellent by now.  I never ever get slow graphics (although I don't play
games much... IIRC extremetuxracer works fine...)

> If you can identify anything on your box that seems to influence the
> idle temps or fan noise

Actually, my fan mostly didn't speed up, instead the temp (if this is
real) got hotter, so I manually adjusted it up a bit (via some
macbook-fan-specific mechanism), but maybe it's the same thing (macbook
linux are long known to run the fan a little slower than might be nice,
by default, anyway).

Check your battery life.  My battery life isn't noticeably lower than
before, which makes me doubt whether more energy is actually being used
(and correspondingly turned into heat).