[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.35.2-1

Martín Cigorraga martosurf7600 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 12:55:40 EDT 2010

I want to give my 2 cents of feedback to this issue posted in
[arch-dev-public] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.35.2-1 :

(I had the impression that it might be heating up my laptop more than
normal, but then I was doing backups last night, and I'm feeling a part of
my laptop that I'm not sure if it's normally warm anyway. Is there a way to
measure this? The estimated battery life from GNOME looks pretty normal, if
that's an indication of heating by way of power-usage.)
-Isaac

 I do think you have a valid point on the heat issue. The fans on my laptop
are notably louder with 2.6.35. Not by a bunch, but from quiet to a low
"ssshhhhsshhhsshhh" that you cannot mistake. But given it runs great, it is
a big step forward from my 2.6.34 woes...
David C. Rankin

I'm having fan noise issue since latest kernel update. While system does run
smooth, there's a notable increment of noise from the fan that seems to be
running a little faster. On the other hand the videocard cooler seems to run
as silent as ever.
Kernel: 2.6.34.3-1 from [core]
Catalyst: 10.7-3 from [catalyst]

My system:
Linux archbox 2.6.34-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 11 00:23:15 CEST 2010
x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
ATI Radeon 5750HD

Regards,
-Marín