[arch-general] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.35.2-1

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Mon Aug 16 15:50:25 EDT 2010

On 08/15/2010 06:46 PM, Isaac Dupree wrote:
> Actually, my fan mostly didn't speed up, instead the temp (if this is real) got
> hotter, so I manually adjusted it up a bit (via some macbook-fan-specific
> mechanism), but maybe it's the same thing (macbook linux are long known to run
> the fan a little slower than might be nice, by default, anyway).
>
> Check your battery life.  My battery life isn't noticeably lower than before,
> which makes me doubt whether more energy is actually being used (and
> correspondingly turned into heat).

Good point on power consumption. I'll see if I can find powertop in AUR. The
instrumentation on my laptop sucks - few sensors, but my best sensors are my
hands. The CPU and GPU are located in the left side of my laptop and you can
feel the temp changes through the left palmrest. (best sensor of all :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC