[arch-general] /etc/profile PATH variable wrong

Stefan Husmann stefan-husmann at t-online.de
Mon Aug 16 19:34:12 EDT 2010

Am 17.08.2010 00:42, schrieb Matthew Monaco:
> On 08/16/2010 09:22 AM, Heiko Baums wrote:

>>> FYI, there was one a while back...  It was closed as won't fix.
>>
>> Why?
>>
>> Heiko
>>
> http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12231

Hello,

this discussion reminds me to a funny discussion we had in german Arch
Linux forum.

It is about a little tool and ends in the following Upstream recommendation:

"ALERT: Arch Linux users report that /usr/local/bin is NOT in their default
system path, so they will need to put inxi in /usr/bin instead. "

https://bbs.archlinux.de/viewtopic.php?id=13379
http://techpatterns.com/forums/about1133.html

So the inxi users are expected to have benefit in using inxi's quite
technical output, but are not expected to be able to alter the system path.

Regards Stefan