[arch-general] Referencing $srcdir in PKGBUILD?

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 07:52:11 EDT 2010

On 17 August 2010 19:32, Philipp Überbacher <hollunder at lavabit.com> wrote:
> Excerpts from Loui Chang's message of 2010-08-17 13:14:44 +0200:
>> On Tue 17 Aug 2010 13:01 +0200, Philipp Überbacher wrote:
>> > Excerpts from Loui Chang's message of 2010-08-17 12:35:41 +0200:

>> > So it isn't about the usual 'cd $srcdir/${pkgname}-${pkgver}' ?
>>
>> No, it's about build directories being referenced in the finished
>> package, not the PKGBUILD.
>
> Oh.. I assumed it was some random annoyance and ignored it. I've seen it
> a number of times already.
> So 'grep -R $somedistinctpartofthepathtoPKGBUILDS $pkg' should find the
> offending file? And then some nasty patching to fix it?

It's not much of a big deal, and there's rarely need for any "nasty
patching". It serves as a reminder to check for accidental inclusion
of build paths in important runtime/system files, which often is an
upstream build issue or user-specific mistake. Cases where this can be
ignored and is usually the most prevalent is, for example,
documentation-related files.

Just run this from the makepkg build dir:

grep -R "$(pwd)/src" pkg/

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD