[arch-general] Update to 2.6.34.3-1 & LTS 2.6.32.18-1 killed dmraid box??

Rogutės Sparnuotos rogutes at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 17 11:39:34 EDT 2010

David C. Rankin (2010-08-17 08:20):
> On 08/17/2010 05:53 AM, Rogutės Sparnuotos wrote:
> >David C. Rankin (2010-08-17 00:48):

> >>When 2.6.34-3 starts, you only get the first few lines of the boot process like:
> >>
> >>root(1,5)
> >>bzimage.....
> >>
> >>it sits there for a while just doing nothing, then when it hits a
> >>timeout or something - boom it reboots.
> >
> >Remove the 'quiet' option from the kernel command line and look for more
> >useful information (if you are using grub, press 'e' during grub prompt
> >and delete the word 'quiet').
> >

> # (0) Arch Linux
> title  Arch Linux on Archangel
> root   (hd1,5)
> kernel /vmlinuz26 root=/dev/mapper/nvidia_baaccajap5 ro
> initrd /kernel26.img
>
> # (1) Arch Linux
> title  Arch Linux Fallback
> root   (hd1,5)
> kernel /vmlinuz26 root=/dev/mapper/nvidia_baaccajap5 ro
> initrd /kernel26-fallback.img
>
> Unfortunately -- there was no quiet to begin with. It only gets that
> far and then dies. Any other thoughts?

So all that you see after the grub prompt is this (including the dots)?

  root(1,5)
  bzimage.....

What if you put 'debug' there, so that the line reads:

  kernel /vmlinuz26 root=/dev/mapper/nvidia_baaccajap5 ro debug

Does anything change if you rebuild the initrd image with mkinitcpio?
Did you try booting the fallback image?

--
--  Rogutės Sparnuotos