[arch-general] Update to 2.6.34.3-1 & LTS 2.6.32.18-1 killed dmraid box??

David C. Rankin drankinatty at suddenlinkmail.com
Tue Aug 17 14:44:10 EDT 2010

On 08/17/2010 01:27 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
> I'll go see if I can rebuild with the ahci module loaded in the initramfs and
> see if that helps. But regardless, there is a bug somewhere. LTS boots fine in
> this config and 2.6.34.3 doesn't??

adding ahci to the MODULES line in mkinitcpio.conf and rebuilding the initramfs
made no difference. The box still freezes on boot at the very beginning of the
boot process with:

   Booting 'Arch Linux on Archangel'

   root (hd1,5)
Filesystem Type ext2fs, partition type 0x83
kernel /vmlinuz26 root=/dev/mapper/nvidia_baaccajap5 ro debug
[Linux-BzImage, setup=0x3200, size=0x1ff440]

showing on the screen. The box sits like that for 30-60 seconds and then
automagically reboots. Booting back into LTS works fine. I guess we need to open
a report on this one....

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC