[arch-general] [arch-dev-public] Dovecot 2.0.0 in testing

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Wed Aug 18 03:28:54 EDT 2010

On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 07:12 +0200, Andreas Radke wrote:
> Am Wed, 18 Aug 2010 07:16:16 +0800
> schrieb Ng Oon-Ee <ngoonee at gmail.com>:
>
> > On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 19:44 +0200, Andreas Radke wrote:
> > > Dovecot 2.0.0 has been released and it's in our testing repo (it has
> > > been build against core/extra only). The configuration files are
> > > completely split up now!
> > >
> > > Everybody please read the post.install msg carefully!
> > >
> > > Test the new pkg and give suggestions if anything needs to be
> > > improved. I should move soon to extra. I got it running locally
> > > here.
> > >
> > > PS: I had to disable IPv6 listen option to make it start properly.
> > >
> > > -Andy
> >
> > Should we put configuration in /etc/dovecot/local.conf then?
> >

> Because of the IPv6 setting? I don't think so. That setting depends on
> your network configuration. It's up to the user to decide how you want
> to configure your network. The solution is quiet easy. It could be put
> on our wiki page anyways if you want.
>
> -Andy
Sorry for the unclear question, I'm asking from the user's perspective
whether it would make sense to keep all my configuration in local.conf.
Previously I just edited dovecot.conf directly (when it didn't belong to
the dovecot package), but now that would result in YAPF (yet another
pacnew file). As it is, for my local dovecot I need to disable ssl,
which would also give a pacnew for /etc/dovecot/conf.d/10-ssl.conf

Can I also request that the !include_try /etc/dovecot/local.conf be
uncommented in the package? Better to put into the bug tracker?