[arch-general] [signoff] kernel26 2.6.35.2-1

Ng Oon-Ee ngoonee at gmail.com
Sat Aug 21 11:17:53 EDT 2010

On Sat, 2010-08-21 at 18:51 +0530, Madhurya Kakati wrote:

> >> Basically it means that it works OK for you and you are willing to
> >> "sign off the declaration the package is OK and can be moved to
> >> [core]." Usually it's not used for packages from [extra] or
> >> [community].
> >
> > Generally packages only need signoffs from developers on arch-dev mailing
> > list. Sometimes (like with kernel26) public signoffs are wanted.
> >
> > --
> > Ape <Lauri Niskanen>
> >

> Thanks! :D

I wasn't actually aware that public signoffs are wanted for kernel26. As
far as I can remember some packages specifically request user signoffs
due to lack of usage among devs (and those eventually get dropped from
core in my observation). Any simple list as to which packages users
should help signoff?