[arch-general] rc.conf man page

Dan McGee dpmcgee at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 08:33:48 EDT 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Dave Reisner <d at falconindy.com> wrote:
> I threw together a man page for rc.conf based on info gleaned from the
> Wiki, rc.conf itself, and my own experiences. I offer it up for for
> adoption into the initscripts package along with comments, critcisms,
> and rotten tomatoes. The format is asciidoc, which is the same format
> used by pacman.
>
> If desirable, I'm willing to compile other pages for system config files
> in a similar manner.

I like the idea of having manpages for this stuff. netcfg(8) already
has a manpage, pacman has manpages, etc. and this is in the
psuedo-standard asciidoc we've used for a lot of it. Do any of the
developers object to adding some documentation to this Arch-specific
stuff and having it be built and installed with the relevant packages?
It is also a great way for people to get involved that don't feel as
confident coding.

-Dan