[arch-general] Vala out of date

Ray Rashif schivmeister at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 14:42:39 EDT 2010

On 28 August 2010 02:33, Denis Kobozev <d.v.kobozev at gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't know what's worse - installing Vala to build these from AUR or
> read the 1 millionth request to update Vala :)

The thing is we have to include whatever is a makedep in the repos
(because we provide ABS; nothing to do with AUR). A more precise
check:

== extra ==
gmpc makedepends on vala
midori makedepends on vala
midori optdepends on vala

== community ==
python-matplotlib optdepends on vala
libdesktop-agnostic makedepends on vala
awn-extras-applets makedepends on vala
avant-window-navigator makedepends on vala
shotwell makedepends on vala

As a distro, we only update packages to "latest stable". There are a
few exceptions, especially those that are slow in releasing stable
versions of their software or are generally high-level tools that
rarely break. So if the maintainer of vala does not want to update to
the devel version, it is perfectly reasonable, and correct.

--
GPG/PGP ID: B42DDCAD