[arch-general] PulseAudio in [testing]

C Anthony Risinger anthony at extof.me
Thu Dec 2 04:09:27 CET 2010

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 11:03 AM, Jan Steffens <jan.steffens at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 5:49 PM, Sander Jansen <s.jansen at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Correct me if I'm wrong, but if pulseaudio is installed, I believe you
>> should be able to prevent it from starting by removing the dbus
>> activation files:
>>
>> etc/xdg/
>> etc/xdg/autostart/
>> etc/xdg/autostart/pulseaudio-kde.desktop
>> etc/xdg/autostart/pulseaudio.desktop
>>
>> (unless pulse has some other way of auto-starting the daemon)
>
> You will also need to uncomment and deactivate the autospawn option in
> /etc/pulse/client.conf.

since i recently blew up my computer "accidentally on purpose"[1]... i
decided to try this since i said i would and so many others to had
success.

works perfectly under a fresh install, e17 desktop; nice w3rk!  i'm
liking it quite a bit... sharing/sending sound to other machines is a
pretty neat trick; maybe i can set it up under my local headless KVM
server and send music/etc to my or my fiancé's laptops... or both...
cool.

C Anthony

[1] me==smart. http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-btrfs/msg07193.html